Scotland have had an association with Murrayfield for over 85 years and played their first international in 1925, beating England 14-11 to win their first Five Nations Grand Slam.
The ground was purchased from the old Edinburgh Polo Ground at Murray's Field in 1922 for £3,800, with previous internationals being held at Inverleith.
During the Second World War, the ground was taken over by the Royal Army Service Corps and used as a supply depot.
And with the armed forces sports authorities arranging two internationals between England and Scotland in each of the war years, Scotland's fixture returned from Inverleith to Murrayfield in 1944 after the ground's derequisition.
Fifty years later, in 1994, Murrayfield completed a multi-million pound renovation, installing floodlights for the first time, with the unveiling done by the Princess Royal.
It is the largest stadium in Scotland with a capacity of 67,130 and also incorporates the countries largest, permanent television screen.
When not hosting international fixtures Murrayfield is the home of Edinburgh Rugby, holding RaboDirect PRO12 and Heineken Cup clashes.
And the venue also plays hosts to American football, rugby league and association football clashes, as well as a string of music concerts.
One of the most notorious concerts was Edinburgh 50,000 - The Final Push, which took place in July 2005 as part of Live 8.