Italy scrum-half Paul Griffen claims the Azzurri have no fears ahead of their all-Latin RBS 6 Nations clash with France at the Stade de France on Saturday.
Italy have performed creditably in their two RBS 6 Nations matches so far but are still nonetheless on course to repeat their 2005 wooden spoon.
However, 30-year-old Griffen believes the Azzurri can take great heart from their controversial 26-16 defeat against Ireland in Dublin and their 31-16 reverse in Rome against world champions England.
The dreadlocked New Zealand born player said: "I've been in good form at the start of the RBS 6 Nations, my form has improved quite a lot after the November Test matches.
"My confidence going into the games has been high and this has made me stronger when I face all the teams involved in this fantastic tournament.
"At this point after showing how well we are capable of playing, we must now get more than that."
Italy have never won a Six Nations match away from Rome's Stadio Flaminio but Griffen believes Pierre Berbizier's side are close to getting the monkey off their back and that Les Bleus could be vulnerable to a shock at the Stade de France.
Griffen said: "The game against the French is coming at the right time.
"Certainly the next game is hard for us, maybe even the hardest, but I know myself and my teammates are going into this match to play our own game without worrying about our opponents.
"We are a wonderful squad, we are all happy and friends no matter who plays in the first XV or who goes on the bench.
"When we are on the pitch it's like we are all together. This is a squad that can get better and we want to be at the top with the best teams."
After losing their Under-20s Six Nations crown to England Under-20s in a thrilling final round, France Under-20s lock Tristan Labouteley insists his side will be out for revenge at this year's Junior World Championship.