France are showing no sign of resting on their laurels after the 31-6 demolition of England that puts them on course for the RBS 6 Nations Championship crown.
Bernard Laporte's side seem to have overcome the hiccup of their opening defeat in Scotland, and victory against Wales this weekend would give them the title, unless Ireland rout England at Twickenham.
The French are carrying several injuries from last Sunday's battle at the Stade de France but are making only one change.
Julien Bonnaire comes in to the back row at the expense of Olivier Magne, who pays the price for a less than impressive display against Andy Robinson's men.
Team manager Jo Maso said: "Olivier was not catastrophic against the English but he was responsible for three of the penalties the referee awarded against us.
"When he gets too wound up it's a bad time so it's time for a look at the competition."
France are on course to smash their record for tries in the Six Nations.
The side have already touched down 16 times in their four matches so far and need only to do so twice at the Millennium Stadium to eclipse their record of 17.
However, head coach Laporte insists there is no question of France slacking off.
He said: "We are not yet at 100% and against Wales we will have to be good in every department.
"I am not expecting in any way the same type of game we saw against England.
"The Welsh will be a match for us in terms of size and fluidity and we will have to be ready for that."
Several players have been carrying knocks since the England game and have not been able to take a full part in training this week.
Prop Pieter de Villiers, winger Aurelien Rougerie and scrum-half Dmitri Yachvili are those causing concern but all three should be fully fit by Saturday.
France are level with Ireland on six points going into the final weekend but have a points difference that compares very favourably to Eddie O'Sullivan's men, who visit Twickenham to play an England side that has seen wholesale changes following last weekend's Paris defeat.
Andy Farrell admits the process of selecting England's 50-man training squad ahead of the World Cup was rigorous - but the backs and defence coach also revealed how tough it was to leave some stars out.