McAndrew plies his trade in France with Clermont Auvergne and will face four of his clubmates in their clash with the table toppers in the Under-20s Six Nations.
McAndrew is one of only seven players to retain his place from the side that were defeated in Italy two weeks ago.
Sean Lineen's side are still chasing their first win of this year's tournament and the head coach has wielded the axe accordingly.
In the backs, Damien Hoyland moves from wing to full-back, Ruairidh Young swaps the 15 shirt for a start at centre in place of Richard Taylor who is unavailable for this game, and Sam Pequeur moves from the bench to wing.
The forward pack sees James Malcolm and D'arcy Rae come off the bench to start at hooker and prop respectively, Lewis Carmichael moves from blindside flanker to lock, with captain Tommy Spinks taking the No.6 jersey.
Meanwhile, there will be a first cap for Loughborough University's Gabriel Carroll at openside while Phil Cringle and Glen Young move to the bench.
And McAndrew is confident that the changes will bring a renewed vigour in what is undoubtedly their biggest test of the tournament.
"We were really disappointed with how things went in Italy and are determined to give 100 per cent against the French on Friday," said McAndrew.
"Four of my club team mates are in the French squad so I know what we'll be up against. They have a big, aggressive pack and will be full of confidence going into this game, on the back of their three wins.
"Our training has been going well this week, there are good vibes around the camp and we're determined to put things right with a win to break their run."
SCOTLAND TEAM TO FACE FRANCE:
15. Damien Hoyland (Melrose)
14. Jamie Farndale (Edinburgh Accies/Edinburgh Rugby)
13. Blair Hutchison (Melrose/Loughborough University)
12. Ruairidh Young (Edinburgh Accies)
11. Sam Pequeur (Edinburgh Accies)
10. Ben Chalmers (Melrose)
9. Murdo McAndrew (Clermont Auvergne)
1. Jack Cosgrove (Worcester Warriors)
2. James Malcolm (Ayr)
3. D'arcy Rae (Ayr)
4. Andrew Cramond (Aberdeen Grammar)
5. Lewis Carmicheal (Melrose)
6. Tommy Spinks (capt) (London Scottish)
7. Gabriel Carroll (Loughborough University)
8. Magnus Bradbury (Boroughmuir/Edinburgh Rugby)
16. Isaac Miller (Loughborough University)
17. Philip Cringle (Edinburgh Accies/Edinburgh Rugby)
18. Chris Barnes (Glasgow Hawks)
19. Glen Young (Newcastle Falcons)
20. Neil Irvine-Hess (Watsonians/ Edinburgh Rugby)
21. Ben Vellacott (Gloucester/Hartpury)
22. Cameron Jeffery (Bristol University)
23. Gavin Lowe (Glasgow Hawks/ Glasgow Warriors)