• The French Rugby Federation (FFR) has agreed to a closing date of Thursday, 23nd February for the return and refunding of the full match ticket price.
• In order to achieve this deadline, all tickets must be received by 5.00pm, Tuesday 21st February within Ireland.
• Tickets that were purchased through a provincial club or www.irishrugby.ie can be returned to any of the provincial branch offices in Connacht, Leinster, Munster and Ulster or to the IRFU head office at 10-12 Lansdowne Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4.
• The IRFU will then coordinate the return of the tickets to the French Rugby Federation and follow through on securing the refunds. It is anticipated this process could take until the end of March.
• The FFR will only refund actual physical tickets that are returned.
• The FFR have indicated that all other tickets purchased by Irish supporters outside of the allocation given to the IRFU must contact their point of purchase directly in order to claim a refund e.g. tickets bought through travel agents or ticket sites must be refunded through those outlets.
• All match tickets will still be valid for the rescheduled game on Sunday, 4th March 2010. However, the FFR will not be reissuing tickets for the game, so they will not permit entry to the Stade de France unless the same match ticket is produced at the venue on the new match day.
Philip Browne, IRFU Chief Executive said, "While the timelines are not ideal for supporters, we have pushed hard to get this undertaking from the French Federation to refund ticket costs for Irish supporters who are unable to attend the rescheduled match. The team, and the IRFU, hugely appreciate the effort and expense Irish Supporters went to in order to be at the match and we hope this gesture will go some way towards making up for the inconvenience they suffered".
For further information contact: Karl Richardson, IRFU Communications & Media Manager, M: +353 (0) 866477874, E: email@example.com