The Official Online RBS 6 Nations Store is open. The store has everything you need to get behind your team during the RBS 6 Nations, plus the store is now fully stocked with a much wider range of rugby merchandise.
But after being arrested for being drunk and disorderly after Heineken Cup defeat to Toulouse three weeks ago, Lancaster has decided a second arrest was too much.
“I have met Danny and told him that he will not be considered for selection for the Senior or Saxons Elite Player Squads that are due to be announced on the January 11 for the forthcoming Six Nations campaign,” said Lancaster.
"This is his second arrest in three weeks for alcohol related offences and it is completely unacceptable.
“We will monitor his progress from this event through Harlequins and we have every confidence in the club to support him in the right way.
“At such a time that we feel he can be trusted to behave appropriately on and off the field then he will be reconsidered for selection, but this will not be until the conclusion of the Six Nations as a minimum.”
The decision comes as a stark contrast to the attitude taken during England’s Rugby World Cup campaign which was marred by off-field issues.
And Care has accepted the decision, insisting he wants to put the incident behind him as quickly as possible.
“I have decided not to contest the charge as I want to bring this to a close swiftly rather than have it hanging over my head for a year or more,” he said.
"I am devastated not to be selected for the Elite Player Squad for the Six Nations as I felt I had been playing near the top of my game with Quins.
"Quins and Stuart [Lancaster] have been very supportive and I totally accept their sanctions.
"I have made a couple of stupid decisions in the past weeks. I can only hope for the chance in the future to prove those decisions were the exception not the rule."